Saturday, December 29, 2007

More shots of Christmas

This is the guitar that Tim got for Christmas (Jagger is a budding guitarist himself). Many months ago Tim had said he thought he might like a guitar of his own. He had learned to play in high school and sometimes still picks up his dad's guitar for fun. I jumped on the idea and said, "Don't buy yourself one, I'll get it for you at Christmas." Tim can be hard to shop for because when he wants something pretty bad, he usually just gets it. Hey, he works hard for his money, and he's very careful about finding good deals. But it makes it hard for me when I want to surprise him with a gift.

So I kept reminding Tim that we needed to go shopping for his Christmas gift (there was no way I was going to try to pick out a guitar on my own). Finally, Tim said he wasn't sure he wanted one anymore. This was devastating to me for many reasons. First, I had no idea what else I would get him for Christmas. Second, I was pregnant and hormonal. Third, I really wanted him to have a guitar because I think it would fulfill a dream of mine--a dream to have a husband that plays guitar, a dream to play guitar myself, and maybe even a dream to make music together one day. Ha, ha. That sounds so dumb, but that's what it really came down to!

Well we talked about it more and somehow here we are with a new guitar for Tim. He's pretty excited about it and so am I!

Ethan got this cool Winnie the Pooh train from my parents. He loves it!
I find him sitting on the train for minutes (a long time for him) playing with the buttons and trying to move. Thanks for the gift, Grandma and Grandpa!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: