April 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
Ethan was a big helper this summer! Planting flowers has been my new hobby since I finished my master's degree when Ethan was born. I love it! In June, Ethan and I would walk around several times a day to see if there were any new blossoms on our flowers.
Successes this year--
- We leveled off our flower beds and put in bark mulch. It looks great!
- I planted new perennials and moved around some of my daisies and mums
- Zinnias work great in my yard--they grew to be like bushes in some spots.
- We picked up some rocks to enhance some parts of our flower garden.
- I figured out how to use the sprinkler system to water most of the flowers, making vacations and hot weather very manageable.
- Planted a few bulbs (hyacinths and crocus) this fall that will bring joy in early spring!
Things I get to do next year:
- Get rid of some of the winding, deep-rooted weeds (morning glory?) that killed a few of my perennials.
- Figure out where the daffodil and tulip bulbs are planted so I can spread those throughout the yard. I tried doing it this fall, but I couldn't find the bulbs. I might have to buy fresh ones.
- Watch the irises bloom that I got from a friend mid-summer.
- Plant a new tree in our front yard in memory of Tim's grandma. The quaking aspen didn't make it through the summer. It had bad wood bores, and was probably just old.
- Figure out whether certain parts of our dead grass just don't get enough water or if they have grubs.
- Add more perennials next year!


No comments:
Post a Comment