Tim's grandma died last month. She had lived a great life and it had been sad to see her go downhill so quickly in the last month or so. All the grandkids came and we spent a lot of time remembering how funny and spunky she had been.
I have two favorite stories about Loreen. One happened when Tim and I had been dating about a year and Tim accidentally hit me in the nose once when we were out dancing. As we told the story, Loreen caringly turned to me and asked, "Does he molest you?" Her mind was starting to go, but we still aren't sure whether she was really confusing her words or enjoying the fun she could have now that she was aging.
The other story involves this gorgeous lady who continually nursed her child in the front row of church with absolutely no covering. I know I was a little uncomfortable by this, and I even understand now natural and important breastfeeding is. Apparently, Loreen was also a little bothered, because she had plenty of comments: "I wonder if that makes Pastor thirsty?" and "Do you think it's chocolate?" How inappropriate! But Loreen was getting older and could say whatever she felt like saying.
I took Ethan to see Loreen several times a week this summer and we miss her. She died on her husband's birthday, and Kristi said that Grandpa got the best birthday present ever when Grandma got to join him in heaven.

No comments:
Post a Comment