"But those that wait upon the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not grow faint." Isaiah 40:31
Monday, May 28, 2007
A beautiful babysitter
I wish I had a picture of Tim's beautiful babysitter, Barb. She has been a gift from God for us during these five months that I have been back at work. This picture reminds me of Barb, because she always lets Ethan play with his toes. She lets him try lots of things--rice cereal, real squash, carrots, JELLO!, beans, Cheerios, and other big people food.
Over spring break, Barb came to my house to let me know that she was going to be having a biopsy on a lump that she had found. After the biopsy, we found out that the lump is malignant, so earlier this month Barb started chemotherapy. Somehow we were able to find care for Ethan on those days that Barb had appointments, treatment, or recovery from all the procedures and tests she needed. Thank you to my long-time friend Amy and Ethan's Grandma Karen for being so flexible when we needed someone to watch him. God was amazing at providing everything we needed. And the most amazing part is that somehow Barb has been able to keep loving and caring for Ethan, even as she deals with the fears and discouragements that accompany cancer.
She holds a special place in my heart because she has loved him like her own grandchild (and given him his first Jello). I'll never forget that first week when I had to leave him looking up at me in his crib as I went to work. Tim drops him off every day on his way to work so I can go to school early. Then I pick him up as soon as I can after school. That first week during my drive up to Barb's house, I reflected on what it would be like when the last week of school would be here. Time went by so quickly and that week has finally come and gone. I am glad that I was able to teach this year, but I look forward to the summer and sharing so many memories with my little boy!
Labels:
Ethan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment