Kate and Ethan were such good buddies on this trip. I couldn't believe how much easier it was to camp with them this year, and they kept each other busy, marching around or laughing while Tim and I cooked:
We went for walks and bike rides around the campground and threw lots of rocks in the river:
We roasted marshmallows:
Then we put the kids to bed and I read my book by the fire while Tim went for a bike ride. The kids played in the trailer for an hour or more and I just let them. It's not like I expected them to go to sleep right away, and they were having fun playing and thinking they were getting away with something. I was just happy to have some time to read!The next morning was a bit chilly:
The funny thing about this trip was that we didn't bring a single fruit or vegetable with us. Tim was in charge of packing the food since I had to work the morning we left, so I think we had eggs, sausage, french toast, syrup, and hot cocoa the first morning (and ketchup):
The second morning we had cocoa and Froot Loops:
I took no pictures during our daytime adventures, but you must hear about the swimming "resort" we enjoyed. It had cracked cement and weeds everywhere, and dirt and gravel on the bottom of the pools, but they let Ethan and Kate go down the tube slide if they wanted, and there hardly any other people there, so a good time was had by all. :)
We also enjoyed the Preston County Fair, snow cones, and pizza, before returning to our campsite for another night of hiking, smores, giggling, reading, and sleep.
The next morning we woke to thunder and rain, and the kids weren't even scared. We packed up and headed home, thankful for a successful, memorable family campout!
No comments:
Post a Comment