Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ethan's Room--From July

Before (June 2011):

We had been working on getting the wallpaper down off and on for a year:
Ethan was my buddy this summer.  He can shoot one mean water bottle:

We worked during Kate's naps and sometimes in the evenings:

Ethan and Kate really wanted to help me paint:
I sent them to daycare for the morning, and this is what we ended up with:
My favorite part was putting the items on the shelf, which are a "Jesus Loves Me" sign from when Tim was young, a picture of Jesus that I had in my room when I was little, a train picture frame that my dad made for Ethan, and a cross that Tim's dad brought from Honduras.  It made me a little emotional because Ethan's getting big now and this will be the last time I can set up his room for him.  Next time we move things around or paint or whatever, he will probably be in high school!  ha ha
I've had computer and internet issues, and after several days of trying to access my pictures from before my laptop died, I decided to just skip the pictures of Ethan's room, which were the only pictures I couldn't find (well, except for maybe the ones of Ethan falling into the water at the fishing derby and the trophy he won afterwards for good sportsmanship)!  I hadn't taken pics off of my camera since July!  Then I logged onto blogger and realized that I had already loaded all the pictures above onto this post, just hadn't published! 

I'm so glad I found these pictures.  If I were take an updated picture of Ethan's ISU wall, you'd see over a dozen articles that he has cut out and hung up about this year's football team.

1 comment:

Kristi Flicker, RD said...

Looks so great! You are right, those kiddos are getting so big. I can hardly believe it! I can't wait to see everyone for Thanksgiving.