A highlight of our summer was spending a weekend at our favorite camp. It's where Tim and I attended as kids and where we first met back in college when we were both on staff back in 1996.
Tim proposed to me there one winter almost 10 years ago, and now our kids are old enough to enjoy the fun of this amazing place.
The first morning, Tim took the kids fishing on the dock:
We caught one!
After fun singing and Bible study, we went canoeing and did more fishing:
In the afternoon, Kate and I had a hot chocolate date:
. . . while Ethan and Tim did every activity imaginable, including rock-climbing, mountain biking, archery, boating, and other things I can't even remember.
Once dinner came around, a huge thunderstorm rolled in, so we sat on the porch and watched the rain. Kate "fake-sleeped":
And Ethan danced in the rain:
After campfire, Ethan wanted to take part in a camp tradition, the Grizzly Bear. He had to spend 1 minute in the water:
But he drew the line when they told him to dunk for 15 seconds. The water was COLD:
All our new friends from the weekend:
Our family!
My cute kids:
And my silly sweeties:
Another favorite memory of the weekend was when Kate and I laid down on the dock and watched the fish. We didn't get a pic of that, but here we are on the dock before heading back home:
No comments:
Post a Comment