Love these roses:
Our first watermelon:
Black-eyed Susans:
Squash:
Later I tried baking one of the squash and using it in a casserole. Either I didn't cook the squash right, or maybe it was a gross recipe, OR maybe I'm just not a great cook, but Tim just plain had to ask me not to make squash anymore, and no more casseroles either. The rest of the squash I'm using as decoration on our table.Love these colors and loved looking at our flowers all summer:
When I finally picked the watermelon, it was relatively tasty, but had huge seeds, and tons of them. After trying several of the watermelons, I ended up using the final two as an object lesson at school, and we smashed those watermelons to pieces and had seed-spitting contests. Very therapeutic and worth all the work of growing the watermelons all summer.
Love these awesome garden helpers!
No comments:
Post a Comment