What a great celebration I had for my birthday. . . I love it when I can celebrate for about a week.
First, I actually had time on the Sunday before my birthday to go shopping for myself, and by myself. I was in need of some new work clothes, and found some fun, colorful stuff.
Monday night Tim and I went out on a date, which included a quick meal and then we attended a local high school musical, Back to the 80s. It was so fantastic, great music, great dancing, and great acting. Several of my former students were in it, so I loved seeing them hamming it up on stage. It was fun to be out with Tim. He's kind to go to a "cultural" thing like a musical with me, and he even pretended to enjoy it.
Tuesday night I had book club, so I invited several of my friends out for dinner prior to our book meeting. Also, Ethan made a birthday cake with his grandma on Tuesday morning, and when I got home from work, he told me that I would never be able to find where he hid my cake. He was so funny, because at first I really couldn't find it and he was keeping the secret really well, but then he stood in front of a particular drawer and said, "Don't look in here!" I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening pretending that I was going to look in the drawer, and Ethan would run to protect the cake (which was orange, by the way). We laughed and laughed. What a blast.
Wednesday was my real birthday, so the first thing we did was rush downstairs so I could finally look at my orange cake. I went to work and got a bunch of stuff done while some of the kids were on a field trip, and then we went to my in-laws for dinner. Tim and the kids had gone over there the night before to decorate with balloons and flower decorations. What a wonderful birthday.
I love being 35! But can I say that within a week of my birthday I noticed that my jeans don't quite fit the same anymore? I'd always heard of one's metabolism changing when you reach your mid-30s, but I had no idea! ha ha
No comments:
Post a Comment