One reason we went to Utah was to cheer on Jon and Nicole in their first marathon. I wanted to see them throughout the race, because I know that seeing a familiar face is very encouraging, but since the course starts up the canyon, it can be hard for spectators to get to a good spot.
Here I am at Mile 22 with my handsome nephew Lincoln.
Here's Jon making his way down the course.
Nicole was not far behind.
There were so many people that ran and so many spectators at the end of the course, that we almost missed seeing Nicole's finish.
What an accomplishment. I don't plan on running another marathon, but I do look forward to being in shape again. Earlier in my pregnancy I went to a high school indoor track meet and I remember almost crying because I felt so out of shape and I saw all those fit girls winning medals, and I knew it would be so long before I would feel like I'm fit again.

No comments:
Post a Comment