Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Won!

Several weeks ago I started reading a blog by this woman who has six kids. Apparently, much of her fame has come about due to some funny descriptions she wrote for e-bay auctions of a regular baseball that her kids used and some Poke-mon cards. Link to her blog: http://mom2my6pack.blogspot.com/.

She's pretty funny, and I guess she's been interviewed by several national tv stations and has been approached by publishers to write her own book. Last week she wrote about a new book called The Great American Supper Swap by Trish Berg. Anyone who left a comment on that post would be entered to win a copy of Trish's book. They gave away one book for every 100 people that commented, and 895 people entered. Well, I won one of the books!

I'm not sure if I'd be game for really trying the supper swap idea. I guess you cook one big meal during the week, freeze two family-size portions, then swap with two friends from your neighborhood, work, church, etc. I don't know if I can get my act together enough for that. But I did win a book!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That is awesome that you won! I've been on that lady's website and she is hilarious! Did you read the Ebay post? My friend had sent me the link to the ebay post and she ended up selling those Pokeman cards for over 100 dollars!
congrats on the book. Let us know if you start a supper swap. :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for winning the book. There are people in my neighborhood who do the meal swaps. They have beend doing it for over a year. I have been approached several times to be in the group. I have declined each time. Justin is choosing about what he eats and he does not like casseroles. So I have not tried. But I do listen when people rave about a dinner and then I get the recipe. It is a good idea.