
If only life were this easy. . . Ethan has learned to blow bubbles. He can spend minutes (a long time for a baby) just laying around blowing bubbles and singing to himself. Sometimes when he's laying there, he'll be so absorbed with his bubbles, that he won't hear me when I come into the room. When I start talking to him, he'll jump and throw his arms out in complete and utter shock that there's someone else in the world. It's very cute.
Wouldn't it be nice to only have baby-size worries? (Side note--about an hour ago, his worries sure didn't seem baby-size. . . ) This weekend my friend Teresa visited with her son Paul. She had moved away last summer, so it was so much fun to see her. Paul is two and he said he wanted to be a baby again. Teresa said he could pretend for a while, but if he were a baby again, there would be a lot of things he couldn't do that he can now that he's two, such as eat cookies, talk, play with blocks, and do things on his own that he likes to do.
When do we start getting stressed out? Today one of my students broke down in tears over a late assignment. That actually happens a lot, but this time I don't think it was a pity ploy. Why do 13-year-olds have to be stressed with life and too much to do? Where's the balance? Then there are other kids who maybe should stress a bit more about their responsibilities. Thirteen-year-olds have a lot ot worry about.
This week is Holy Week and I want to reflect on what that means. With one of my classes, we spent time today doing some personal Bible study at school. Faith can become rote and repetitive. How can we keep it new and exciting? And returning to Ethan's new bubble-blowing talent, I think that's why he can sit for so long blowing bubbles. It's new and fun for him to feel that new sensation and hear what sounds he can make. I'll have to think about that a bit; what is something new that I can try to keep me occupied and to keep my life, my faith, my marriage, my job new, interesting, intriguing, exciting, and motivating?
No comments:
Post a Comment