I really enjoyed the holiday season this year. I embraced each part of the decorating process, the days with my kids, being able to be in our own church for Christmas, and having Tim around to be my husband and the daddy to my kids.
Both our kids are at fun stages. Kate keeps smiling at everyone, and she loves playing with her toys and talking to her friends. Ethan loves to sing, dance, and play his drums. My favorite times of the day are when I come home from work and get to eat lunch with them (this used to be the craziest hour of the day, but things have calmed down somewhat) and when we get to read our stories before naptime and bedtime.
Ethan likes to ride his bike around and go "visit" Grandma and Grandpa or go "shopping" for me. It's fun to hear him talking more and he has finally learned to ask for help when he needs it instead of getting upset.
There are many other things that I am enjoying about my kids during this stage, but my blogging has taken way too much time this evening, and I must get to bed so I am fresh for the exhausting adventure of church on my own tomorrow (Tim went to a yurt this weekend).
Here is a video of Ethan singing his favorite song with his favorite group, the African Children's Choir. Whenever he watches their video, he has to wear a hat, and when he sees a hat in his books, he has to sing his favorite song, "Come". He made up the dancing all by himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment